Nutritional Therapy with Sally Gordon
Sally has been in practice since 2002 having completed 4 years training at The Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London. She returned to The Institute as a tutor for six years and is also a Clinical Practice tutor at Premier Global. She is a member of The British Association for Nutritional Therapists (BANT).
The initial consultation is £70
and lasts approximately an hour.
Follow up consultations are £40
for 40 minutes
Any laboratory tests and supplementation, if recommended & agreed, is an additional cost.
Before the first consultation you are asked to complete a health questionnaire and food diary. The initial consultation is one hour and we discuss what you would like to achieve, possible contributors to your health concerns and the outcomes from your forms. We will also agree a Strategy for Improving Your Health.
Your programme may stretch across three or four visits, spanning six months to a year. Remember that you may have taken many years to arrive at your health deficit, so logically it can take time to undo and redress your health bank account.
A programme of treatment is devised; this includes dietary modifications (with menu plans to help), environment or lifestyle changes. Biochemical testing and a supplement programme may also be recommended if appropriate.
You receive nutritionist support and guidance, but you will need to take an active role in your own path to health.
Follow up consultations are 4 - 6 weeks after the initial meeting.
As an experienced Nutritional Therapist, Sally firmly believes that nutrition is the cornerstone
of good health and vitality, optimising how we feel and look. There is growing appreciation of the role of diet in determining our level of health. Evidence suggests that much of the food eaten, particularly in the Western world can exacerbate many health concerns.
You can see, particularly from food scares, the value of getting back to basics, eating and cooking fresh natural unprocessed foods. However, due to busy stressful lifestyles, sometimes this can become a real challenge and it’s easy to slip into eating unhealthy foods.
What conditions may be helped?
Professional nutritional advice may help with a variety of health concerns, some are:
- ongoing tiredness and 'lost' get up & go!
- skin problems, including acne, psoriasis and eczema
- candida overgrowth
- digestive complaints, such as IBS, indigestion, constipation & excessive wind
- nervous system problems, anxiety
- weight management and establishing possible underlying causes for lack of weight loss
- hormonal imbalances, including PMS, infertility and menopausal problems
- migraines & frequent headaches
- fertility health assessment
- stress management; symptoms of which can manifest in any or some of the above
- allergies & intolerances to food
- cardiovascular concerns such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol